The Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security seeks a talented recent graduate of Georgetown University for the Bank of America Fellowship on Women and the Economy. This individual will play a critical role in the Institute’s research program on women’s economic empowerment.
Through the fellowship, this individual will be based at the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security in Washington, DC. The Fellow will conduct systematic research and analysis to help produce in-depth research paper(s) as well as short articles and blog posts. The Fellow will present and discuss her/his research findings on behalf of both the Institute and Bank of America at a variety of venues, such as panel discussions and community events.
To be eligible, applicants must be in their final semester of a master’s or undergraduate program at Georgetown University, or be no more than one year past receiving their respective degree from Georgetown.
Successful candidates are expected to have:
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• A strong academic record, with a recent graduate or undergraduate degree from Georgetown University or to be conferred in May 2018
• Experience working in a professional environment (e.g. internship experience, etc.)
• Familiarity with economics, ideally development economics, and quantitative research methodologies is strongly preferred
• Previous experience with rigorous research is strongly preferred (either during studies in the form of a thesis or in previous professional capacities)
The annual compensation for the annual full-time fellowship is $45,000 plus benefits. This will be administered in a monthly stipend form and includes medical, retirement and other benefits. For more information on the full package of benefits, please go to: https://benefits.georgetown.edu/enrolling/faculty.
To apply, please fill out this application form in its entirety and submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2018 in one email with a copy of your resume, transcript, and two letters of recommendation (professional or academic only). Please put “Application – Women and the Economy Fellowship” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
You can learn more about the Institute at giwps.georgetown.edu. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.