The Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security (GIWPS) needs support during the search and hiring phase of a new Program Associate. This temporary position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week, 9 AM – 5:30 PM Monday – Friday, and will consist of the following tasks:
Office Administrative Assistance
- Serve as first point of contact for GIWPS inquiries and visitors, including maintaining organizational email account and answering main phone line.
- Use judgement to prioritize incoming meeting requests and messages.
- Assist with management of GIWPS offices, program space, and equipment.
- Schedule GIWPS staff meetings.
- Provide scheduling and administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Attend meetings and events on behalf of GIWPS and provide summary notes.
- Support the coordination of GIWPS events, including, but not limited to: conferences, lectures, VIP visits, book talks, receptions, lunches/dinners, etc.
- Assist with developing event programs in coordination with GIWPS staff
- Assist with coordination of service needs for each event (e.g., catering, audio visual equipment, etc.), including negotiating contracts with vendors
- Identify and reach out to potential partners and student groups
- Reserve venues
- Coordinate with the University on protocol and security
- Arrange visitor transportation and lodging
- Generate advertisements, invitations, and associated correspondence
- Correspond with event participants
- Assist with events from setup to cleanup
- Any other duties as related to the planning of an event
- Coordinate with other departments or external groups for events in which GIWPS is a partner or participant.
Assist with Special Project: Bridging Theory and Practice Workshop
- Work closely with GIWPS staff, primarily the Research Partnerships Manager, to coordinate the twice annual Bridging Theory and Practice workshop series.
- Research possible participants of the BT&P workshop.
- Lead event planning and provide logistical support throughout the workshop.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Application – GIWPS temporary support” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.