2021 Hillary Rodham Clinton Awards: Women’s Rights are Human Rights
Monday, December 6, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST
Gaston Hall, Georgetown University
Watch the Event Recording
Join the 2021 Hillary Rodham Clinton awards ceremony and celebrate several extraordinary women trailblazers. The Hillary Rodham Clinton awards are bestowed annually for exceptional leadership in recognizing the important role of women in creating a more peaceful and secure world.
With remarks by :
The Hon. Hillary Rodham Clinton, 67th United States Secretary of State; Honorary Founding Chair of the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
The Hon. Madeleine K. Albright, 64th United States Secretary of State; Mortara Distinguished Professor of Diplomacy, Georgetown University
Patricia Espinosa, Executive Secretary, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change – UNFCCC (Mexico)
Dr. Marina Pisklakova-Parker, Founder & Chair, ANNA – National Center for the Prevention of Violence (Russia)
Guo Jianmei, Founder, The Center for Women’s Law Studies and Legal Services (China)
Dr. Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, African Union Goodwill Ambassador on Ending Child Marriage and Founder & CEO, Rozaria Memorial Trust (Zimbabwe)
Palwasha Hassan, Director, The Afghan Women’s Educational Center (Afghanistan)
Important event details:
- This event will be hosted in-person for GOCARD holders only. If you are not a member of the Georgetown Community (student, faculty, staff), you may not attend the event on campus.
- Due to the high demand for the event and limited seating, seats will be filled on a first come, first served basis, with doors opening at 10:00 AM, one hour before the event starts. Registration does not guarantee a seat.
- We encourage you to arrive early to secure a spot in line and get checked in. Check in tables and the head of line are on the second floor of Healy Hall. You must enter Healy Hall via the south tower to join the line.
- Make sure to bring your GOCARD for check-in. There will be a bag check before you enter Gaston Hall.
- Once all seats are filled, we will stop accepting further check-ins due to the limited number of seats available in Gaston Hall.
- If you do not secure a seat at the event or are unable to attend in-person, you still have the option to watch the livestream of the event on the GIWPS Facebook page.
Hosted by the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security