The Communications Associate amplifies the research, programs, and curricular offerings of the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security (GIWPS). The Associate will be responsible for managing the GIWPS website and blog, social media accounts, and mass mailings. The ideal candidate will have graphic design and video editing skills to enhance our communications efforts.
- Manage GIWPS social media presence on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Update GIWPS website with the latest research, events, and multimedia projects. Liaise with web developers to address bugs and new web developments.
- Lead GIWPS blog by soliciting, editing and posting new content.
- Create mass mailings via MailChimp.
- Video editing, including creating short videos to open GIWPS events, editing highlight reels and content for social media, and editing/color-correcting in-depth oral history interviews.
- Graphic design for social media, flyers, website, and mass mailings.
- Promote and cover GIWPS events.
- Support GIWPS research launches.
- Assist on media relations.
- Organize GIWPS creative assets and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist GIWPS colleagues as needed, especially on flagship events.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications.
- Strong writing skills are a must.
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp.
- Graphic design and video editing skills strongly encouraged.
- A successful candidate will be well organized, detail-oriented, creative, collaborative, proactive, and have stellar interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks with tight deadlines, and multitask.
- Interest in global women’s issues.
Work Mode: Hybrid. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a 1 page writing sample in a single pdf to Sarah Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Communications Associate Application – Name.”