The Georgetown Ambassador Program Associate supports the Georgetown Ambassador for Women, Peace and Security program. Georgetown Ambassadors are senior leaders who are committed to advancing women’s full participation in peace and security and who are dedicated to advancing the mission of the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security. This position organizes exclusive events for Georgetown Ambassadors with global thought leaders and nurtures the growing community of Georgetown Ambassadors.
- Organize five-day international trip for 25 Georgetown Ambassadors to understand women’s impact in peacebuilding first-hand.
- Organize two-day DC summit for 50 Georgetown Ambassadors to learn about our cutting-edge research and hear from global leaders.
- Organize other exclusive events for Georgetown Ambassadors.
- Organize quarterly virtual events for Georgetown Ambassadors.
- Schedule and manage logistics for quarterly advisory board meetings.
- Create annual report publication to share program highlights and impact.
- Support communications with Georgetown Ambassadors.
- Assist with recruitment of additional Georgetown Ambassadors.
- Assist GIWPS colleagues as needed.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of event planning experience and program management.
- Extensive travel programming or international travel experience.
- Excellent organizational and logistical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally, often with high-level speakers and external guests.
- Good judgment, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks with tight deadlines, and multitask.
- Interest in global women’s issues.
Work Mode: Hybrid. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in a single pdf to Sarah Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Program Associate Application – Name.”