The Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security is hiring a two-year post-doctoral fellow to actively contribute to the research agenda of the institute. The fellow, working together with Institute staff and partners, will undertake agreed upon research to advance the understanding and build the evidence base on women, peace and security, and represent the institute in associated convenings. As with all GIWPS research, we have a strong commitment to produce research that is timely, relevant, actionable, and informs policy and practice.
The research is expected to involve both qualitative and quantitative aspects, drawing on existing literature and studies, and data analysis. The focus will likely be on particular settings, depending on the availability of existing data and research, and individual expertise. Research topics could include gender dimensions of peace operations and women’s participation in peace processes.
The Fellow has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Leading and co-authoring qualitative and quantitative research to address identified knowledge and policy gaps;
- Writing and co-authoring publications, policy briefs, op-eds and blogs
- Representing the institute at convenings and workshops, and presenting research findings.
- Doctoral degree within the last two years (May 2017 or after) in relevant discipline(International Relations, Security Studies, Government, International Development, Economics, etc.)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with multilateral organizations and systems, and an understanding of the field of women, peace and security, current research, policies and debates in the field
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative abilities sufficient to complete complex data analysis
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills for the preparation of research reports, policy briefs, op-eds, blog posts, and other programmatic materials
- Excellent team and communication skills, as well as strong organizational and time management skills
Expected start date is immediate and the fellowship will last for two years. The annual salary will be between $55,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience. This position includes a generous benefits package.
You can learn more about the Institute at giwps.georgetown.edu. Please direct any questions to email@example.com. If you are interested in applying, please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit your application for this opportunity is September 1, 2019.