The Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security is seeking a talented Program Coordinator to join its Programs & Special Projects Team. The role will primarily support coordination and implementation of a new Afghanistan initiative in response to the current crisis and focused on elevating and supporting Afghan women leaders. The Program Coordinator will participate in all strategic design and execution for this urgent portfolio, including facilitating professional placements, developing compelling communications content, and coordinating events. The Program Coordinator should be comfortable working on a fast-paced team, experienced in executing complex projects, adaptable to changing work flows in response to a crisis situation, a strong writer, and passionate about gender equality and human rights.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Afghanistan: Talent Mapping and Facilitation of Professional Placements
- Develop, edit, and organize Afghan evacuee’s personal and professional backgrounders i.e. CVs, bios, and web profiles.
- Support matching of evacuees with professional opportunities and maintain close familiarity with evacuee profiles, backgrounds, and skills.
- Track and catalog requests for support and offers of support.
- Liaise with organizations and evacuees on potential opportunities and needs.
- Afghanistan: Public Relations and Communications
- Write compelling briefs and website content on current initiative activities, event write-ups, recent and ongoing research, and advocacy work.
- Support curation and maintenance of a blog for Afghan women leaders.
- Afghanistan: Events Coordination
- Support all elements of Afghanistan events including background research on event themes and potential speakers; assist with the development of briefing materials for speakers and the Executive Director; build invitation lists, and support all event logistics.
- Develop and disseminate event announcements and invitations.
- General Programs & Administrative Support
- Assist with preparation, administration and execution of all GIWPS events and programs including VIP visits, international conferences, and expert roundtables.
- Organize and maintain contacts database, stakeholder maps, filing systems, mailing lists, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area. Graduate degree preferred.
- 2-5 years work experience in program coordination, communications, and/or administrative support. Preference for regional expertise or experience with resettlement, gender, and human rights based work.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally, often with high-level speakers and external guests.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Exhibits good judgment, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks with tight deadlines, and multitask.
- Familiarity with MailChimp, WordPress, and Monday.com welcomed.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment to GIWPS’ mission.
Applicants should be able to join the team in January 2022 and expect to work 40 hours/week for a one-year contract. Please send a resume, cover letter, and one page writing sample in a single PDF file to Jess Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Coordinator, Afghanistan.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.