The Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security is seeking a talented Georgetown University graduate student or consultant to serve as a Program Coordinator for our Impact Travel program.
This position will support our Impact Travel program in Northern Ireland, Ireland and London in mid-May. The five-day trip is designed as an opportunity for GIWPS donors to better understand our work and meet our key partners. We are looking to hire someone from March 9 – May 27 at approximately 20 hours/week.
The Impact Travel Coordinator will be responsible for:
- liaising with a local travel agency on hotel accommodations, transport, restaurant bookings, etc
- developing trip agenda: book/confirm meetings and tours in close collaboration with GIWPS staff and partners
- serving as main POC for 20 donors attending the trip
- ordering all supplies needed for the trip
- staffing the trip May 15-20 (optional, but preferred)
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- extensive travel programming or international travel experience
- good problem-solving skills
- excellent organizational and logistical skills
- extremely detail-oriented
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally, often with high-level speakers and external guests
- good judgment, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks with tight deadlines, and multitask.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Sarah Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org.