GIWPS is seeking a Program Coordinator to play a key role in maintaining GIWPS’ respected and growing global convening platform that influences policy and advances progress for women and girls around the world. The position will support all elements of GIWPS programs, events and special projects, including coordination, execution, and administrative duties. The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast paced environment that requires initiative, is passionate about international affairs and gender equality, and has a knack for systems organization and detail.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Coordinator collaborates with other GIWPS staff members, including the Program Manager, Communications Director, Communications Associate and Research & Policy Manager, and Director of Finance and Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience in program coordination, event planning, and/or project management.
- A high level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in diplomatic environments
- Knowledge of international affairs/gender issues
- Engage in substantive development of GIWPS programs and special projects through tracking and assessing current affairs, policy issues and key stakeholders.
- Draft briefing and communications materials for events including speaking
invitations, public announcements, backgrounders, and other formal correspondence.
- Work with the Program Manager on coordination of all event logistics including
scheduling, catering, space reservations, audiovisual services, among others.
- Support audience development and relations through developing invitations lists,
managing RSVPs and answering attendee inquiries.
- Liaise with event participants and make travel and lodging arrangements.
- Coordinate with other Georgetown departments and external groups for events
in which GIWPS is a partner or participant.
- Assist with day-of event execution and help to organize event staff and volunteers.
- Maintain organizational email account, contacts and filing systems
- Support event contracts, expense reporting and travel arrangements.
- Take meeting minutes; attend events on behalf of GIWPS and provide summary
- Support the Program Director and Program Manager with other duties as
Work Mode: Hybrid. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a 1 page writing sample in a single pdf to Allie Smith at email@example.com. Use the subject line “Program Coordinator Application – Name.”