GIWPS is seeking a student administrative assistant to assist with general office management tasks and provide some communications support.
The student assistant will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will provide occasional support to the Director of Communications. This position will be required to be in the GIWPS office a few days a week. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, be organized and diplomatic, a team player but also able to work independently. An interest in non-profit operations is a plus.
Duties for this position are included but not limited to:
Office Management (50%)
- Ensuring the office is tidy and presentable to visitors at all times.
- Submitting work orders to facilities and managing progress.
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering new stationery, furniture, appliances and electronics as required.
- Mailing correspondence and packages.
- Designing a filing system.
- Preparing workspaces for new hires.
- Working with UIS to recycle old computers and reimage new ones.
- Creating new purchase orders and keeping the supplier database up to date.
- Monitoring invoice payments and troubleshooting with Accounts Payable if necessary.
- Compiling contract paperwork for any purchases over $10k in conjunction with the Director of Finance and the Procurement Analyst.
- Assisting with creating budgets for grant proposals, monitoring the expenditure, and submitting reporting as required.
- Submitting deposit slips and dropping off checks to the Cashier and Office of Advancement.
- Updating GIWPS website.
- Tracking media hits.
- Light copy editing of reports, emails, blogs posts, or other written communications, as needed.
- Attending events and taking notes on behalf of GIWPS.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Melissa Shields at email@example.com.