The Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security is looking for a current Georgetown undergraduate student to serve as a Communications Assistant and support the Institute’s full-time Communications and Social Media team. The Communications Assistant will play a critical role in enhancing the GIWPS brand by updating the official website and helping with outreach and social media strategy.
This is a paid, part-time position for 5 to 10 hours per week. Example tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Updating the website to reflect GIWPS’s latest data & analysis
- Adding new course descriptions to the website to inform prospective students
- Drafting blog posts that advertise opportunities for Georgetown students to get involved with the Institute’s research, events, or academic certificate
- Identifying opportunities to collaborate with or amplify content from relevant student organizations at Georgetown
- Finding and following peer accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Assisting with background research into popular blogs, websites, social media accounts, etc. to boost the Institute’s networking and cross-posting efforts
- Proofreading drafts of proposals or reports
- Assisting with the transcription and possibly with the translation of video content
- Attention to detail
- WordPress and social media savvy
- Excellent English spelling, grammar, and style
- Ability to network with student organizations on campus
- An interest in website management, visual identity, and communications
- An interest in Women, Peace and Security
The student communications assistant will be hired for the Spring 2022 semester at 5 hours per week. The expected wage for this work is commensurate with experience but will be between $15.20-16.00/hour.
APPLY NOW: Please send a resume and cover letter, in a single PDF file, to Evelyn Garrity at email@example.com with the subject line “Student Communications Assistant.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.