This position has been filled.
The Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security (GIWPS) is looking to engage an enthusiastic Georgetown undergraduate student to provide support in administration, preparation, and execution of all GIWPS events, programming and special projects such as conferences, VIP visits, awards ceremonies, lectures, and research launches. This also includes support to GIWPS’ response to the ongoing emergency in Afghanistan. This student will report to the Program Director and Program Coordinator and serve as a core member of the Programs Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting background research and drafting memos on event themes and potential speakers, including to directly support activities on Afghanistan.
- Assisting with the development of briefing materials for speakers and the Executive Director.
- Building invitation lists, managing RSVPs, developing and disseminating event announcements, and supporting event communications tasks.
- Tracking current events related to GIWPS programming and attending relevant webinars on WPS and global affairs-related topics.
- Organizing and maintaining contacts database, stakeholder maps, filing systems, and mailing lists.
- Assist with monitoring the GIWPS inbox, updating calendars, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, research, and writing abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally, often with high-level speakers and external guests.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Exhibits good judgment, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks with tight deadlines, and multitask several projects at one time. Experience with event coordination is preferred.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment to GIWPS’ mission.
- Familiarity with international affairs and interest in women, peace and security issues.
- Bachelors and Masters students are welcome to apply.
The student program assistant should be available to join the team as soon as possible and expect to work 20 hours/week through the Spring semester. We appreciate the availability to work over winter break. The expected wage for this work is commensurate with experience but will be between $15.20-$16.00/hour.
APPLY NOW: Please send a resume, cover letter, and one page writing sample in a single PDF file to Jess Keller at email@example.com with the subject line “Student Program Assistant – GIWPS.” Applications due Friday, December 17, 2021.