GIWPS is looking for a student video assistant to support the Institute’s signature Profiles in Peace oral histories project and other video projects that highlight women’s roles in global affairs.
The student will support new interviews from start to finish. Tasks will include: researching and drafting interview questions for peacebuilders, transcribing interviews, formatting and editing interviews, drafting video plans and editing “highlight” clips. The video assistant will also liaise with the Georgetown Library to formally archive each unabridged oral history. Related tasks may include drafting a description of each interview, selecting appropriate keywords, entering metadata, color correcting videos, and reviewing video captions.
The video assistant will also support other GIWPS video projects, such as highlight reels from GIWPS events or summaries of GIWPS research. Related tasks include drafting video plans, identifying b-roll and music, and editing the videos. The video assistant will also help organize the GIWPS video collection, ensuring that videos are properly stored.
The expected wage for this work is commensurate with experience but will be between $15.00-16.50/hour.
- Proficient in computer management and organization, ex. Google Drive/Slides/Excel.
- Proficient in video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or Da Vinci Resolve) and motion graphics software such as Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge of video codecs, aspect ratios, and transcribing to various file formats. Ability to reformat and resize graphics, videos, etc
- Ability to edit together video clips to create short highlight reels or viral-worthy clips that are optimized for social media algorithms
- Proficient in audio editing and color correction
- Proficiency with photo editing and graphic design software a plus
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and manage priorities
- Follow and update brand guidelines when necessary; knowledge of how to use social media brand guidelines
- An ideal candidate will have an interest in global women’s issues
APPLY NOW: Please send a resume and cover letter, in a single PDF file, to email@example.com with the subject line “Student Video Assistant.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.